News & Announcements
- How do I change my JHED Login ID?
- How do I change my name?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I change my photo?
- How do I change my quicklinks?
- How do I change my security questions?
- How do I log in for the first time?
- How do I log out?
- How do I reset my password?
- How do I set online visibility?
- How do I update myProfile?
- How do I create an email account?
- How do I create an email alias?
- How do I create an email list?
- How do I create a group email account?
- How do I set spam quarantine options?
Johns Hopkins Instant Messaging, or JHIM is an internal Instant Messaging solution powered by Microsoft Lync that can be used to collaborate among people within the Johns Hopkins community. Lync offers advanced capabilities beyond text-based IM including voice and video communications, and desktop sharing. The supported client software is Microsoft Lync 2010. Like most popular IM clients, Lync supports "presence detection" which can help determine if contacts are available through the use of status indicators such as "available", "away" or "in a meeting."
How do I use Johns Hopkins Instant Messaging (JHIM)?
1. Go to the myJH homepage at http://my.jh.edu and click Login.
2. On the subsequent Enterprise Authentication screen, enter your JHED Login ID and Password.
3. Once logged in, click the Messaging icon, located in the left column.
4. Within the Messaging link, select the JHIM icon.
5. A web client will launch. Search for contacts and start messaging.
6. For more information, visit the IT@JH website.