News & Announcements
- How do I change my JHED Login ID?
- How do I change my name?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I change my photo?
- How do I change my quicklinks?
- How do I change my security questions?
- How do I log in for the first time?
- How do I log out?
- How do I reset my password?
- How do I set online visibility?
- How do I update myProfile?
- How do I create an email account?
- How do I create an email alias?
- How do I create an email list?
- How do I create a group email account?
- How do I set spam quarantine options?
- How do I search for a person, topic or department?
- How do I sign-up for Johns Hopkins Emergency Alerts?
- How do I PING a person?
- How do I use Johns Hopkins Instant Messaging?
- How do I use myJH Mobile?
- How do I customize my dashboard?
- How do I manage my bookmarks?
PING is a new feature that has been added to the myJH Portal. PING allows authenticated users to send text messages to cell phones and pagers through JHED search.
How do I PING a person?
1. Go to the myJH homepage at http://my.jh.edu and click Login.
2. On the subsequent Enterprise Authentication screen, enter your JHED Login ID and Password.
3. Once logged in, enter a person's name in the search box, located near the upper right of your screen.
4. Click the Go button.
5. Your search results will appear.
6. If the person you're searching for has opted into text messaging, you'll notice a Send Message button within his or her JHED listing.
7. Click the Send Message button. A popup window window will appear.
8. Enter your message text and click the Send button.
9. Your message will be sent to the recipient's cell phone or pager.