News & Announcements
- How do I change my JHED Login ID?
- How do I change my name?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I change my photo?
- How do I change my quicklinks?
- How do I change my security questions?
- How do I log in for the first time?
- How do I log out?
- How do I reset my password?
- How do I set online visibility?
- How do I update myProfile?
- How do I create an email account?
- How do I create an email alias?
- How do I create an email list?
- How do I create a group email account?
- How do I set spam quarantine options?
- How do I search for a person, topic or department?
- How do I sign-up for Johns Hopkins Emergency Alerts?
- How do I PING a person?
- How do I use Johns Hopkins Instant Messaging?
- How do I use myJH Mobile?
- How do I customize my dashboard?
- How do I manage my bookmarks?
What is an email alias?
Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions faculty and staff generally receive emails using their JHED ID followed by @jhu.edu or @jhmi.edu. Email aliases are addresses that allow you to forward emails from one mail account to another. They are often used as a replacement for long or difficult to remember addresses.
How do I create an email alias?
To view and edit your email alias, complete the following:
1. Within the myJH Portal, click the myProfile icon.
2. Within myProfile, click the Email Alias link.
3. Read the statement and click the I Accept This Policy button.
4. This page displays descriptions regarding your Hopkins Delivery Address and Email Alias.
5. To add an alias to your current email, enter a Custom Address and click the Update button.
6. Add additional alias in the fields below. Click Update when finished.
7. Verify confirmation that your update completed.