News & Announcements
- How do I change my JHED Login ID?
- How do I change my name?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I change my photo?
- How do I change my quicklinks?
- How do I change my security questions?
- How do I log in for the first time?
- How do I log out?
- How do I reset my password?
- How do I set online visibility?
- How do I update myProfile?
- How do I create an email account?
- How do I create an email alias?
- How do I create an email list?
- How do I create a group email account?
- How do I set spam quarantine options?
- How do I search for a person, topic or department?
- How do I sign-up for Johns Hopkins Emergency Alerts?
- How do I PING a person?
- How do I use Johns Hopkins Instant Messaging?
- How do I use myJH Mobile?
- How do I customize my dashboard?
- How do I manage my bookmarks?
Why am I asked to provide security questions?
In order to provide you an additional layer of security, you are asked to create and answer three questions when you create your password.
If you ever forget your password or are locked out of your account, answering these questions successfully will allow you access to your account.
How do I change my security questions?
1. Go to the myJH homepage at http://my.jh.edu and click Login.
2. On the subsequent Enterprise Authentication screen, enter your JHED Login ID and Password.
3. Once logged in, click the myProfile icon, located near the top left of the screen.
4. Within myProfile, click the Secret Questions and Answers link.
5. Select and answer 3 different security questions and click the Submit Changes button.
6. Your security questions and answers we successfully updated.
7. If you require further assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk at (410) 516-HELP.